There are many anti aging skin care products available that promise to smooth your wrinkles, get rid of brown spots, reduce fine lines and firm sagging skin. However, before you begin putting anti aging skin care products on your skin consider some simple lifestyle changes that might make you and your skin look younger.
Things To Include in Your Lifestyle
1. A Good Diet: A healthy balanced diet is essential to good skin. This does not mean that you have to give up your favorite foods. However, it does mean that you need to eat them in moderation along with many foods that are rich in antioxidants such as fresh fruits and vegetables. Nuts are also good because their good fats improve the collagen in the skin.
2. Drink Water: Keeping your skin well hydrated is an essential component of anti aging skin care.
3. Exercise: Exercise helps with good blood flow and helps to tone the muscles.
4. Get Enough Sleep: The puffiness and dark circles around your eyes certainly make you look older than you feel. Being well rested will decrease both the puffiness and the dark circles.
5. A Good Moisturizer: Well hydrated skin looks younger and healthier than dry skin. So, it is important to use a good moisturizer every day. This is especially true if you live in a cold climate since cold weather can be very drying to your skin.
Things To Avoid
1. Smoking: Smoking depletes the body of essential Vitamins thereby creating wrinkles and dry skin.
2. Excess Drinking: Alcohol dilates small blood vessels in the skin. Over time this can create a flushed look and broken vessels on the face.
3. Excess Sun Exposure: Sun exposure is the single biggest component of aging skin in most people. Be sure to use sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher every day, regardless of the weather or the amount of time you will be spending outdoors.
4. Stress: Prolonged stress can lead to frown lines and wrinkles. Try to relieve stress with exercise, yoga or something else that relaxes you.
All of these lifestyle changes will have an impact on the aging process. However, if you try them and feel that they are not enough to solve your skin care problems, there are many quality anti aging skin care products on the market. Whether you have one aging problem you would like to solve, or many, there is a product that is right for you. So, if you are trying to make your skin look younger, begin with the simple lifestyle changes described above and then, after you have given the changes a chance to work, consider whether you also need a good anti aging skin care product.